My past 4 swimwear posts have focused on choosing swimwear that flatters, supports and enhances your figure, so that you can go out and choose swimwear that makes you look and feel fantastic. In this, the fifth and final episode from my swimwear mini-series, I want to share some of my favorite things you can do to further boost your poolside confidence.
- Stick to what you know and what you’re comfortable with. I rarely encourage people to stay within their style comfort zone, but when it comes to swimwear I’d probably suggest you choose a style that reflects your personal style and that is familiar to you. You want to maximize your confidence potential and opting for something outside your comfort zone will likely have you feeling self conscious.
- If you’re still keen to try a new look then why not consider doing that with your cover up? Sarongs are the obvious choice but if you want to try something a little different then why not opt for a sheer maxi dress, a play suit, or a kimono? I’ve shared some of my current favorites, below.
- Invest in good swimwear. I know it might seem bonkers to spend a lot of money on swimwear, but many of us invest in good underwear to give us the best foundation possible so why wouldn’t you spend the same on swimwear? You want it to be well made, to hold up in water and to offer you the best support possible so choose wisely and don’t be tempted to skimp.
- I’m not fortunate enough to have beautiful smooth white skin, its’ uneven and blotchy and (I feel) looks better with a little tan so I’ll often use a gradual tanning moisturizer (this one is bloody brilliant) for a week or two ahead of a holiday. If you can’t be bothered with this or worry about giving yourself an uneven tan, then book yourself in for a really good spray tan a couple of days before your holiday. Trust me, it’s a great way to boost your confidence when you first step into your bikini!
- Top your poolside-look off with a hat or head scarf, some stylish sunnies, a sweep of shimmering bronzer and painted toes. I know this all may sound a little much but if it means you’re going to feel confident by the pool then it’s got to be worth it!
And that, my friends, ends my swimwear mini-series! If you’ve missed any episodes then you can catch up here:
PART 1 // FLATTERING SWIMWEAR FOR TOP HEAVY WOMEN
PART 2 // SWIMWEAR THAT FLATTERS A TUMMY